English (EN-US), Spanish (ES-MX), Francais (FR-FR), Deutsch (DE-DE), Francais (FR-CA)
Understand the importance of hearing protection and learn about the different types of hearing protection available in most workplaces, and discusses some general guidelines for protecting hearing.
The level of noise from machinery and equipment can be very high in a manufacturing or processing environment. Long-term exposure to these high noise levels can cause significant hearing loss. This course emphasizes the importance of hearing protection. It covers the different types of hearing protection available in most workplaces, and discusses some general guidelines for protecting hearing.
- Understand that exposure to loud noises can contribute to hearing loss, and why hearing protection should be used.
- Identify some common types of hearing protection including earplugs and hearing bands.
- Explain how earmuffs may be used to protect hearing.
- Discuss when to use different types of hearing protection and how to care for them.
- Discuss two elements of a hearing protection plan that affect an individual.
Recommended For You